Twin suicide attacks in northern Sinai.
More terrorist attacks within two days of Dahab's explosions.
Twin suicide attacks targeting security personnel rocked northern Sinai near the Gaza Strip, two days after triple bombings killed at least 18 people in a resort further south.
A first suicide bomber blew himself up as vehicles carrying an Egyptian police officer and peacekeepers from Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) passed by, an interior ministry statement said.
The attacks took place near the MFO's base in Al-Gura, which lies some 25 kilometres (15 miles) west of the Gaza Strip.
"Two MFO vehicles were involved. They were probably five kilometres (three miles) away from Al-Gura. They were headed to Al-Gura from Rafah. The vehicles were damaged, but there were no casualties," MFO spokesman Ian Baxendell told AFP on Wednesday.
The second suicide bomber was on a bicycle when he tried to detonate his explosive charge against an Egyptian police vehicle that was rushing to the scene of the first attack, the interior ministry said.
"The suicide bomber died on the spot but the explosion did not cause any damage," the interior ministry added. The second explosion took place east of Al-Gura, near the Gaza Strip border town of Rafah.
Baxendell said an investigation was under way.
Two Canadian members of the force were wounded in August 2005 when a bomb exploded in Al-Gura as their vehicle passed, days after multiple bomb attacks in the Sinai resort of Sharm el-Sheikh left some 70 people dead.
A group calling itself "Egypt's mujahedeen," or holy warriors, later claimed responsibility for the attack, which officials said at the time was carried out with gas canisters.
The MFO is an independent peacekeeping force not related to the United Nations, created as a result of the 1979 Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty and funded mainly by the two neighbours and the United States.
It currently has contingents from Australia, Canada, Colombia, France, Hungary, Italy, Fiji, New Zealand, Norway, the United States and Uruguay.
The fresh violence came as Egyptian investigators were questioning suspects arrested in connection with Dahab's deadly triple bombings.
Security sources said 30 suspects had been rounded up since the explosions rocked the resort on Monday as it was packed with foreign tourists and Egyptians enjoying a traditional spring holiday.